213 S. Second Street, Delavan, WI 53115 262-728-3644
• In 1854 the Henry Phoenix Estate donated the plot of land on which the Delavan United Methodist Church stands.
• In 1864 the two story Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall was built.
• Stained glass windows were installed in 1891. Six of those windows had been gifted to the Church.
• A front entry was added in 1908.
• A parsonage was built at the north side of the church in 1866 and subsequently removed to make room for Church parking.
• Since that time, four key additions were completed:
• The first addition was started in 1952 which included an education wing with seven Sunday School rooms.
• 1954 – Front entrance was moved to the south side and steeple and front columns added.
• 1961 – Second education wing was added containing eight more classrooms, library, chapel, office, Pastor’s study and a nursery.
• 2011 – New entrance added on north side of the building along with an entrance canopy and elevator which allowed the Church to become handicap accessible for the first time. Steps to the second floor Sanctuary were removed from the south side and moved to the north side. Additional bathrooms were added between the new entrance and Fellowship Hall.
With the foresight and determination of Methodist ancestries, the Church building has expanded. However, the people remain the heart and soul of our Delavan United Methodist Church!